The major parts of the kitchen project are all done!  Of course, there are still things left to do:  hem the curtains, artwork, change out microwave, touch up painting, fix holes in the ceiling, and probably some more I’ve forgotten right now.  But those things are easy and we shall get to them soon enough.

To review, the major goals for the kitchen ( as first discussed in this post) were:

• Replace cabinet doors and drawers and/or replace cabinets altogether  (Check!)
  • Remove upper cabinets above peninsula (Check!)
  • Replace countertops (I discussed options here and showed you the installation here)  and add a 12 inch overhang to create a counter height bar on peninsula (Check!)
  • Replace backsplash (Check!)
  • Paint: trim, doors, and new wall color (Check!)
  • Replace current refrigerator with counter depth model  (This goal has been deferred as we decided to continue using current refrigerator)
  • Replace current dishwasher (Check!)

I just noticed “Replace ugly ceiling fans” wasn’t even on the list.  But we can check that off too.

I have a bunch of pictures for you to compare the before with the after.  For the unabridged version of the bulk of the process you can look here, here, and here.

Here we go!

The refrigerator side of the kitchen:

BEFORE:
AFTER:

The wall with the window:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

The stove peninsula:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The breakfast area:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Additional shots and angles:

I moved the bar cart from the dining room into the kitchen (and I still plan on painting the door and painted the door).

And put a few things on the shelves (seems to change frequently).

Close up of the pendant we discussed in  this post  and the last minute faucet.

I recently found  pictures of the kitchen floor before we had it refinished and you can see a tiny glimpse of the cabinets and trim (and original oven) the way they were when we first moved in.  It’s come a long way.

It’s life changing (for real, no cliche)  for my vision to come to fruition.   I have some DIY ideas for art that I hope to get to soon (see that update here).   Have you guys finished up any major projects?  I’d love to see.
-J

Sharing with Before and After and Tuesdays Treasures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

28 Responses to Kitchen Makeover!

1. This is stunning! Amazing. I love the soft colors and the backsplash is awesome! You did such an amazing job!

2. Natasha says:

Wow, what a change. Very inspiring.

3. Carol says:

Wow, looks beautiful. Love the diningroom too! What a difference you have made. Love it.

4. Kim says:

Wow! I love it.. especially the hood. It is so open an modern. You did a fantastic job!

5. denise says:

wow! that is an amazing transformation! I love what you did. We had the same (before) tile as you. Ours was more on a budget, so we are living with it for now. I don’t mind though :)
    your little bar cart is so cute and I love that mirror. I can’t believe the before dining room walls? Was it painted like that or did it get scraped?? I love the gray and contemporary look you changed it to.
    Everything looks awesome!

6. Bj Buck Johnson says:

THAT RIGHT THERE IS A NICE KITCHEN REMOD….

7. yowza! that looks amazing, especially b/c the before was…interesting. i looove the granite and the backsplash, and you’ve given me a great idea about the over the sink area. i’m having major kitchen renovation envy right now!

8. laurie says:

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Great job!

xoxo laurie

9. This looks stunning – I’m very jealous of your kitchen. To see the transformation from before is amazing! Love your pretty mosaic backsplash too. Popping over from the My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia blog hop :)

10. oh my goodness! This looks OUTSTANDING! I love what you did with it! It is so clean, fresh, and relaxing! Now you just need to have a dinner party to celebrate!

11. kristin says:

STUNNING!!!
    It will be featured tomorrow, thanks for linking up.
    XO
    Kristin

12. Just stunning! Love all the before and after shots!!

13. Love it! Congrats on a super new kitchen. I know you enjoy it everyday.
    You’re a renovator after my own heart.

14. Amy says:

I ADORE your new kitchen. I might steal it. So if you happen to walk into your home one day and you just stare at a huge gaping hole of nothing; you’ll know that i’ve skipped away with your kitchen back to my house. =)
    In all seriousness, yall have done a fantastic job at everything. I’m still trying to muster up the courage for my kitchen remodel. Ugh, just the thought of it makes me nauseous. :)
    This is definitely inspirational!

15. Lauren says:

Your kitchen looks great! I know I’m a few months behind the times here, but I just found you through the YHL post today.

We are working on a similar-ish update ourselves and I would love to know what your mosiac tile is. Thanks!

16. Catie says:

Hi! Gorgeous makeover. Love the cabinets, mosaic backsplash, & modern hood! I found your blog thru YHL & I am an Atlantan as well. Can you share your new cabinets source? Thank you!

17. Katie says:

Found you from YHL. Love the kitchen! What is the paint color on the walls? I’m looking for something similar in my kitchen!

• J. says:

Thank you. It’s Benjamin Moore’s Gray Wisp at half tint. I had it mixed at Home Depot in Behr’s Paint + Primer

18. colleen says:

it’s beautiful! found you through Courtney’s blog.

19. Kalie says:

Gorgeous kitchen! I am in love with your barstools, do you mind sharing where you got ‘em?!

20. Sarah says:

Hi, just saw your post on Young House Love. I love your kitchen sink, especially the faucet. Do you mind sharing where you found it? Or what brand it is? Thanks!

• J. says:

Sure, thing. I was in a time crunch when I bought (was expecting to reuse my old one) and it isn’t fancy. It’s from Home Depot and I believe the brand is Glacier Bay.