As I perused blogland yesterday, I saw a neat challenge from Katie Bower to pick one project you love on Pinterest and put your own spin on it.

My own spin on it…….well I’m going to spin that to say that means that you can pick one project to do inspired by Pinterest.    That’s because I’d already started a Pinterest inspired project!  Awhile ago, I created a pinboard to save a lot of the fun and inspiring sayings I see online.     And I recently did something with those sayings.  I framed them for art.  I just printed them on nice quality paper at home.    I made sure they were matted and that my frames were all the same color.

It is a work in progress but here’s what I’ve got so far.

Later, I added two more frames flanking the doorway, a little closer to the floor.

Check out other Pinterest Challenge DIY projects here and here.
-J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tagged with:

9 Responses to Do It Yourself Art – A Pinterest Challenge?

1. Amy Campbell says:

I found your blog from YoungHouseLove..I love this idea and have been meaning to do something similar in my sons’ bedroom. I love those frames, where did you get them?

• J. says:

Hi Amy, they are all different frames and I got them at HomeGoods and TJ Maxx. None of them were over $12. You can also try Michael’s and Hobby Lobby, especially if you have a coupon or they are having a 50% off sale.

2. Martha says:

love your chalk board. It turned out nice. You are really thinking outside the box.

3. Brittany says:

This looks great! I love me a good gallery wall.

4. Sarah says:

I love this idea! I would love to do something like this. How did you print out the quotes in the size you wanted? Most of the pins on my board are small sizes.

• J. says:

Only a few were small sizes, but I remember going to the source site for most of the pins and being able to download them in a size big enough to at least print 8×10. None are bigger than 8×10. I just used extra matting if I wanted to put them in a 11×14 frame. I hope that helps.

5. Cindy says:

Hi Jae,

I love a good DIY money-saving project as much as anyone else, but I hope you realize that simply printing someone else’s artwork for your use is in many cases a violation of copyright (unless otherwise stated by a Creative Commons license). I recognize at least two of the above prints as made by certain designers/artists, who sell their art themselves for very affordable prices.
    I hope you’ll consider supporting the artists whose work you obviously love in the future.

Best,